Cameroon Boyo™ Coffee
Grown in dark, nutrient rich volcanic soil at elevations exceeding 5,000 feet. This family owned estate boasts daily doses of brilliant sunshine allowing the coffee berries to quickly attain their optimal sugar content. This is the secret to the mellow, aromatic, and rich full bodied Boyo Coffee.
The full trace-ability of the farmer-owned Cameroon Boyo™ Coffee micro lots is another way in which we hold ourselves accountable for our coffee, they use natural methods to manage pests and diseases, avoiding chemicals & fertilizers and pesticides.
Small Farmer Grown™ Small Farmer Owned™
In Cameroon we organize ourselves into small farmer groups which all belong to the Hill Top Farmers Direct Cooperative. We are driven by our core beliefs which determine how we organize ourselves and how we interact with others in the coffee industry:
- That it is by working together that we can achieve lasting success and strength.
- That it is only when we deliver superior quality coffee that we can begin to ask for prices that will afford us a decent quality of life.
- That we are professionals at the start of the value chain of coffee and it is our professionalism that will earn us lasting partners, co-professionals who share our values and with whom we are able to collaborate to deliver the best.
- That our collaborations result in mutual benefits for all concerned.
- That we must continue to seek feedback from others along the value chain and develop new approaches to farming and post-harvest processing of our coffee in response.
- That our success will indicate that coffee farming is a viable option for our youth.